Wedding planning is in full swing and I could not be happier. Many of my friends warned me that there would be times when I was going to feel so stressed that I would want to cry.
No matter how excited, prepared, or ready I am, I will inevitably get a case of the jitters on my wedding day. But with this list handy, I can avoid that entirely and stay calm as a cucumber. Everyone will want to know how I did it! Shhhh it will be our little secret. You will be able to enjoy your special day much more vividly if you aren’t distracted by nervous butterflies in your tummy.
Under the pressure and stress of planning a wedding, it’s easy to lose touch with my fiancé. Jack and I schedule date nights, be it dinner or out to a movie, to squeeze in some quality alone time. We practice having the courage to tell each other when we are concerned about our upcoming nuptials. We read an article on the Martha Stewart’s website “10 Tips To Be Stress-free Before Your Wedding” and practice them regularly. See more at Martha Stewart WEDDING
Despite my optimism, there have been times that I’ve questioned my decisions. I mean, what bride hasn’t? I want everything to be perfect on the big day.
I have outlined absolutes for my wedding day to stay calm:
1. Start my stay with pampering. Candles, music and massage.
2. Eat a good breakfast, even if I don’t feel hungry.
3. Leave for the wedding on time. I am going to give myself an extra hour more than I think I need.
4. Be realistic, everything will not go perfect! I am OK with that. My attitude is much more important than perfection.
5. MOST important, be present and grateful in the moment. If anything does not go as planned, I will remind myself that today I am marrying my best friend in the presence of everyone I love.
With these helpful tips to stay calm on my wedding day, I am sure to enjoy the ceremony rather than worrying or feeling stressed. This is a fabulous, joyous occasion. And there is absolutely no need to stress needlessly! That’s why I need this list of tips to stay calm on my wedding day! Do you have any other tips for me? Please post your comments below.