1. Decide what type of cash gift registry service you would like to use. You may choose to create a wish list of products you want and then allow guests to make a donation toward that purchase. This is a good option on high-priced items like appliances. You can highlight one thing you are saving for, like the honeymoon or a down payment on a home. You may also choose to donate all cash gifts to a charitable organization.
2. Search and compare different websites that offer the cash gift registry services you desire. Some sites offer a boilerplate registry page to complete, while others will allow you to customize the page so you can have a personal wedding registry website. Be certain to read all terms and conditions carefully since some sites do charge fees to the user and guests. Since many cash gift registry businesses are fairly new, read customer reviews and check if the company has any complaints against its services.
Official Site. Cash Gift Registry
Official Site. Create a Cash Gift Registry or Buy a Wedding Gift at Macy’s!
3. Register online with your chosen wedding cash gift registry website. Most sites require basic information and take only a few minutes to create an account. The setup may take longer if you decide on a site that allows you to personalize the registry page. If the site allows you to make a personal statement on the registry page, be sure to emphasize that you appreciate simply sharing your special day with your guests, but if they would like to celebrate your day with a gift then these are your preferences.
4 .Register for store or mall gift cards. Wedding experts suggest creating a modest store registry list even if you want cash gifts since some guests feel more
comfortable giving a more tangible gift. One benefit to you is the ability to register for store gift cards on the same registry. Your guests will also appreciate having choices about what gift to bring on your special day.
2.Communicating your Cash Gift Registry Preference
5. Communicate to your wedding guests that you prefer a monetary gift over traditional wedding gifts and how the gift will be used. Word of mouth through the wedding party and close family and friends is an effective method, since guests might ask one of them what to buy you as a wedding gift.
6. Place inserts with a link to your cash registry into the wedding or bridal shower invitations. If you are following traditional wedding etiquette then there should be no mention of a registry in the wedding invitations. This is because no gift should be expected from your wedding guest aside from the honor of their presence. However, over the years the placement of wedding registry information into invitations has become a common and more accepted practice.
7. Place a section on your personal cash gift wedding website to indicate you would like cash gifts. Include what you might be spending the money on so guests can feel more comfortable that it truly is a gift and not just an exchange of cash. Imagine how your guests will feel if they know their gift will go toward something special like a down payment to a home.
8. Place a card holder at the reception so you can collect cash gifts andat the wedding. These come in many forms including wishing wells, treasure chests, money bags and bird cages. Be sure someone you trust is in charge of securing these gifts during the reception.
The Worlds Most Popular Registry. Get Cash for Gifts in Your Account!
Custom Wedding & Anniversary Gifts. Free Engraving & 1-2 Day Shipping!
Create Your Bridal Registry Online. Find Bridal Shower Tips at Target.
Cash Gift Registry for Weddings, Baby Showers or for Any Occasion!
Tips & Warnings
Remember that gifts should never be expected at a wedding. However, if you do receive gifts they should be happily accepted no matter what they cost the giver.
Asking for money as a wedding gift is still considered by many to be tacky and an etiquette faux pas, so it is very important communicate your preferences tactfully.
Although it is acceptable to place registry information with bridal shower invitations,
it should never be included with save-the-date cards. This might give gueststhe impression
that receiving gifts is more important to you than the ceremony itself.
Receiving cash as a gift does not excuse you from sending thank-you cards. Be sure to send
your appreciation in writing and in a timely manner.