Honeymoon Cash Gift Registry
Anyone with a sense of etiquette knows you should never mention money or gifts on a wedding invitation or any materials sent to guests. It is just plain tacky. So,if you have all the material things you need and would love some cold hard cash, how do you ask politely? Here is how to tactfully request money as gifts from your guests for you Honeymoon without making a major social faux pas.
1. Create a Honeymoon Cash Gift Registry on bowlofcherries.com. Select photos to add to your wish list of Honeymoon destinations from our extensive library of photos.Your guests select the destination, activity or special dinner reservations they would like to donate to by entering a selected amount or they can enter the amount they would like to donate.The giver has contributed to your Honeymoon wish lists without being asked for cash. The giver will instantly be sent an email thanking them for contributing to the specific item they chose to donate to. There will always be a few guests who will want to buy you a material gift.With Bowl of Cherries Honeymoon Gift Registry you have the option to also list your favorite Gift Registry store of choice for them to choose from.After all, it is also fun to receive a material gift to open.
2. Ask your family members and the bridal party to spread the word when asked by other guests. They can simply say something like ‘They are registered at Bowl of Cherries Honeymoon Gift Registry and they are really trying to save up money for their [honeymoon/house].
3. Edit your responses to certain friends and family members when asked if you are registered. Some close friends and family members won’t bat an eye if you tell them you are hoping for cash, but others may think it is rude, in which case you should mention your Gift Registry only.Once on your website the giver will see your wish list and be happy to contribute to your dreams.
4. Consider using specific wishes on your Gift Registry website such as dinner on the beach or parasailing, so your guests can choose to pay for special parts of your trip.
5. Place a birdcage, basket or other container on the gift table at your wedding reception and put an empty, addressed card inside to let your guests know what it is there for. They will place any monetary gifts inside.